CanLearn Friends and Teen Talk for Schools
A fun and engaging social-emotional skills program for students in Grades 4-6 and 7-8.
Some children and teens have trouble building healthy relationships and handling their emotions. We can help!
What to expect?
- We work with small groups of students selected by your school team, or whole classrooms.
- The program takes place at your school
- Discussions, modelling, role-playing, games, and engaging activities.
- Focus on relationships, understanding and handling emotions, healthy coping strategies, communicating effectively, dealing with bullying and conflict, navigating social media, challenging negative thinking and building confidence.
- Program is offered FREE of charge to schools in the City of Calgary.
- Social-emotional learning has a positive impact on a wide range of outcomes, including academic performance, healthy relationships, mental wellness, and more.
Dates and Times:
Teen Talk (Grades 7-8) is held once a week over a period of 9 weeks. Each session is 60-minutes long.
Friends (Grades 4-6) is held twice a week over a period of 8 weeks. Each session is 90-minutes long.
Registration is ongoing and the program is offered in the fall, winter and spring.
To register, contact:
For more information about this program, or to register, please contact Jaime.