CanMath - Adult Basic Math Skills Program
Numbers surround us, and are an important part of everyday life.
CanLearn is developing and piloting a new free program to support adult learners in improving their numeracy and math skills.
We are looking for adult learners who are interested in building their math skills to help in developing this pilot project.
- Adults who struggle with basic math skills in their day-to-day life.
- Adults who plan to take courses that need a good understanding of math.
- Adults who are required to use basic math skills at work.
- Adults who want to re-learn, or learn for the first time, basic math skills.
- Strong basic math skills allow adults to perform everyday tasks with greater ease.
- It is quite common for adults to find that they need to re-learn- or in some cases, learn for the first time – basic math skills.
- Reasons may vary, from struggling with maths at school, to simply forgetting over time.
- We will help you to change your belief that math is hard and that you will never understand it.
- We will help you to get rid of negative thinking and start believing in yourself.
- We will work with you one-on-one or in a small group.
- Instruction will focus on the nuts and bolts of basic math concepts.