Adults who want to improve their reading skills are invited to participate in the program.
- 17% of adult Albertans struggle with basic reading – reading everyday words and doing everyday tasks is difficult
- 32% of adult Albertans experience less severe but still significant reading difficulties that impact their employment, health, and personal wellbeing
- Adult learners work with a trained reading instructor one-to-one based on assessed needs
- Adult learners work at their own pace and without pressure
- Adult learners are more confident doing daily tasks like filling out an application or reading a medication label
- The door to further education and/or greater employment opportunities opens
- Adult learners experience the joy of reading for personal growth, sometimes for the first time