Home / Literacy / Programs for Adults & Families / Reading Connections
Adults who want to improve their reading skills are invited to participate in the program.
Registration is now open!
- 17% of adult Albertans struggle with basic reading – reading everyday words and doing everyday tasks is difficult
- 32% of adult Albertans experience less severe but still significant reading difficulties that impact their employment, health, and personal wellbeing
- Adult learners work with a trained reading instructor one-to-one based on assessed needs
- Adult learners work at their own pace and without pressure
- Adult learners are more confident doing daily tasks like filling out an application or reading a medication label
- The door to further education and/or greater employment opportunities opens
- Adult learners experience the joy of reading for personal growth, sometimes for the first time
Have questions about this program?
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.